Thursday 27 October 2016

Sports: I Am Proud To Be Man. United Manager...Jose

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho (left) and Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola shake hands after the EFL Cup
United bounced back from that heavy loss by edging a tight derby against Manchester City to claim a place in the EFL Cup quarter-finals.
Manager Mourinho felt it was time to show his fighting qualities and thanked fans and players for helping deliver an important result.
The Portuguese told MUTV: "The only thing I can say is I couldn't be prouder than I am to be Man Utd manager. As I wrote in my notes, the only way I know is to fight, to work and fight. The players did that for the fans, and the fans did that for the players too, because they also played this game.
"This is not the Champions League final, it is just the League Cup last 16, but it is against City and it is after a big defeat, so it was very important for us."
Juan Mata scored the only goal of the game after 54 minutes as United enjoyed a brief spell of dominance that also saw Paul Pogba have a shot touched onto the post by Willy Caballero.

No comments:

Post a Comment