Thursday 27 October 2016

See Dozen South Africa President In Parliament

Image result for Zuma falls asleep during Gordhan's mid-term budget speech
In South Africa, all attention yesterday was focused on what Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan had to say in parliament.


With the economy under pressure, questions over education funding and the finance minister himself embroiled in a political row, Mr Gordhan's mini-budget statement was eagerly awaited.

But this morning, South Africans are waking up to the news that President Jacob Zuma may have nodded off during the minister's lengthy statement.

Report

And the Rand Daily Mail news site has five possible interpretations:

I was checking my Twitter timeline

My ear was itchy, I was rubbing it on my shoulder

I was trying to listen to what ANC chief whip Jackson Mthembu was muttering under his breath behind me

I concentrate better when my eyes are closed

Sleep is just an alternative state of consciousness.

On the video from parliament's You Tube channel Mr Zuma is shown as being awake just over a minute later.

No comments:

Post a Comment