Thursday 8 September 2016

Breaking News: Frank Ribery To Extend Contract At Munich

Image result for franck ribery 2016
Franck Ribery hopes to sign a contract extension at Bayern Munich that will see him remain at Allianz Arena beyond the current season.


The former France international is out of contract at the end of the campaign and will have spent a decade with the Bundesliga champions by the time his deal expires.

In recent seasons Ribery has been plagued by injuries but, having seemingly regained full fitness, he hopes to impress enough in 2016-17 to earn an extension.

"Maybe I am here for two or three more years," he told Goal. "I don't know what will happen. I have such good form, the rest will come."

Asked if he hopes to be at Bayern next season, the 33-year-old replied: "I hope so."

Ribery's sights are set on a second Champions League triumph with the five-time European Cup winners, the club having fallen short at the semi-final stage three seasons in a row since lifting the trophy in 2013.

"We want to win everything," he said.

"If I had to decide between Bundesliga and Champions League I would choose the Champions League, because it's a bit more special, even [though the] Bundesliga is a great thing.

"I hope we will win all the titles this season."

No comments:

Post a Comment