Tuesday 12 April 2016

Breaking News: K.K.Sarpong Return To Kotoko

Image result for k.k sarpong
Dr. Kofi Kodua Sarpong has ruled out a possible return to Kumasi Asante Kotoko as the chairman of the board or management. The former boss of the Tema Oil Refinery was appointed as the Executive Chairman of Asante Kotoko in 2010, but resigned in 2013, following a misunderstanding with the life patron and owner of the club Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.


Dr. K.K Sarpong enabled Kotoko to rediscover their championship feat, winning the league title on a back to back basis, before the Opoku Nti led management team added the third. However, the most successful team in the history of Ghana football following that glorious moment have been struggling and are currently lying on the 9th position on the league table. Some people believe that Dr. Sarpong is the solution to Kotoko’s problems, but he has clearly dismissed any intention return to the club.


“I won’t go back to Kotoko after I resigned, especially now that I want to be a reverend minister”.

“I can’t no more go and see a fetish priest and it is something that you have to do as a chairman of the club”.

“But I am still a Kotoko supporter, so anytime whoever is in leadership at the club comes to me for an advice, I would assist the person, but I won’t take up an official duty” he told Happy FM

No comments:

Post a Comment