Tuesday 26 April 2016

Breaking News: I Don't Reject Splashing Money On Musicians

Image result for inusah fuseini
The Minister of Roads and Highways and Member of Parliament for Tamale Central, Alhaji Inusah Fuseini, has defended his decision to show off his wealth by splashing money on a musician at a ceremony in Tamale in the Northern Region.

A video, which has gone viral on social media captured the Minister throwing money in different denominations of cedis on a musician, who is said to have released a new song.

However, critics have described the action as an “opulent” display of money.

Commenting on the incident on Citi FM’s news analysis programme, The Big Issue, Alhaji Inusah Fuseini said his action was only a show of support for the young musician.

Regardless of the criticism, the MP says culturally such actions are permitted.

“I was born into a tradition that rewards and appreciates people who show talent. That’s the way we support people. The money that was put on that person was to support him. He is a musician who was launching his CD and he invited me to support him which I did. He had rented the hall, brought in a live band and he needed support and I see it within that context,” he explained.

I was given red carpet reception

“When I went in, they had given me a red carpet treatment, just like they do at Hollywood and I spoke about why I was there and I don’t regret supporting him.”

I supported Blakk Rasta

He revealed that he once supported Blakk Rasta, a popular radio presenter and Reggae musician.

“There are many talents in my constituency. If you call Blakk Rasta he will tell you, maybe because I was a lawyer then, the cash I gave Blakk Rasta did not show. I’ve been supporting many musicians, it’s a northern culture,” he stressed. “Go back and look at the video, I spent not more than GHc500. There were people who spend more than me in other gatherings. I agree, It’s because I’m a politician.”

No comments:

Post a Comment