Tuesday 18 October 2016

Sports: Ralf Zummdick Turn Down Kotoko Offer

Image result for kotoko
Former Asante Kotoko and Black Stars head coach Ralf Zummdick has ruled out any chance of him returning to coach the Porcupine Warriors.


The German manager who has had stints as assistant manager with a number of clubs including European giants Borussia Dortmund is currently scouting for talent in Ghana for his current club Ferencvarosi TC in Hungary.

The former German Olympic goalkeeper was spotted along with a number of his fellow scouts ahead of Ghana’s first World Cup qualifier against Uganda at the Accra Sports Stadium observing the team’s training session.

He revealed that despite his warm relationship with a number of his former players including Godwin Ablordey who is now team manager of Kotoko,his loyalty to his current employers prevent him from making such commitments.

Reports indicate that the management of Asante Kotoko is likely to bring in a new manager ahead of the upcoming season to replace interim boss Michael Osei.

“My time in Ghana was really nice and a very important learning moment in my life.

“It was my first time in Africa so it was key but what I can say is that I love Asante Kotoko because I know and respect the traditions of the club.

“At the moment returning to Kotoko is not an option because I still have two years left with my present team and I want to respect that,he told Citi Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment