Tuesday 20 September 2016

Breaking News: Yaya Toure Retired @ 14years

Image result for yahaya toure
Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure has confirmed that he is to retire from international football.

The Manchester City star, who has represented the Elephants on 102 occasions, scoring 19 goals, revealed the decision on social media on Tuesday:


Toure said: “After 14 years playing for Les Elephants I have decided to end my adventure playing for the Ivory Coast.

“Some decisions are difficult to take but it is time to pass things on to other players.

“I thank all my supporters and my fans.”

The 33-year-old’s finest moment with the national side came in 2015, when he led the team to glory in the Africa Cup of Nations, beating Ghana via a penalty shootout in Equatorial Guinea; it was the first time the Ivory Coast had won the competition since 1992.


No comments:

Post a Comment