Wednesday 8 June 2016

Sports: Messi Praise Asamoah Over Committment To Ghana

Image result for messi and gyan
Black Stars captain Asamoah Gyan has revealed his excitement with commendations from football superstar Lionel Messi.

In a telephone interview with Kumasi-based BOSS FM, the Black Stars all-time top goal scorer indicated his joy at hearing that the Argentine great had spoken highly of his commitment in national team shirt in an interview with ESPN.

“Yes I heard him. In all honesty, I was excited to hear that a colleague has taken note and admires my level of commitment when I play for my national team”, he revealed.

My commitment on the field of play has never been in doubt. You never know who may be watching you whenever you are playing. People would criticize you whether your performance is good or bad and for Messi to acknowledge me the way he did makes me happy and motivates me to continue doing what I do best because currently he is the best player in the world”, he stressed.

“It is just like me praising someone who may also be playing in the local league. How would a player playing in the local league also feel hearing that I have praised him”? he quizzed.

The hitman also reiterated his desire to play for local club Asante Kotoko before retiring from the sport.

“I have said before that I would play for Kotoko. I always pray to God not to end my career prematurely due to injuries. I only hope to play and play until such time that I am unable to carry on again and for sure I would retire in Ghana playing for Kumasi Asante Kotoko”, he emphasized.

No comments:

Post a Comment