Wednesday 29 June 2016

Breaking News: NDC Flag Bearer Arrested Again

Image result for george boateng
The National Democratic Congress (NDC) man who tried contesting President Mahama for the party’s flag bearer position in 2015, George Boateng, has been arrested by the police.

He is currently at the Ayi Mensah Police Station near Abokobi in the Adentan Municipality of the Greater Accra Region.

Mr Boateng who revealed this on Accra-based Neat FM said he was arrested on suspicion of possessing a gun in his room early Tuesday morning at his residence.

“I was at home when some strange men came to my house to pick me up. I asked them why they should come to my house without my consent and all they told me was that I have a gun hidden in my room and so they are in my house to arrest me which is not true.

“At the moment I am being held at the counter back of the police station,” he said.

George Boateng emerged in the news last year after he declared his intentions to contest President Mahama in the party’s November 7 primaries.

He was however, frustrated and prevented by the party’s leadership to contest the sitting president

No comments:

Post a Comment