Wednesday 24 February 2016

Breaking News: Daniel Sturridge Debank Remours

Image result for daniel sturridge Daniel Sturridge has played down reports that he wants to leave Liverpool and says he is raring to go after returning to fitness.

The 26-year-old has missed the vast majority of this season due to
persistent and varying ailments and injuries, with the England forward making just his second start under manager Jurgen Klopp in the 6-0 demolition of Aston Villa on February 15.

The lack of playing time this term has resulted in speculation Liverpool and the injury-prone Reds attacker may part ways when the transfer window reopens this summer. 

However, Sturridge says he is content to remain at the club and is concentrating on getting his career back on track after regaining his fitness, telling reporters: "It's been a difficult time being injured. But now I'm looking forward to the future - with Liverpool. I'm happy here.

"It's important for everyone to be ready for both games, not just me. We need to be prepared and have the right mentality. To say a player doesn't want to play I think is the greatest disrespect to a footballer.

"I don't think anyone understands how much it means to me to play football and I'll continue doing my best for Liverpool.

"I'm very ambitious, very determined to help Liverpool achieve success. I want to play every game, and it hurts if I can't."

No comments:

Post a Comment